Thanks, everyone, for all your efforts to help defeat the OTC proposal. Whether you wrote a letter to the newspaper or the council, sent an e-mail, made a call or sent a text. your support made an important impact on the Sussex County Council. Thanks!! But please keep in mind, we’re not out of the woods yet! Pat Stone
www.know-otc.org updated today with news articles discussing the next steps with OTC. Some of the steps include:
- The Council will file an ordinance with the results of the April 12th vote. Once that has been completed the 60 day clock will begin.
- TD Rehoboth has 60 days to file an appeal with the Chancery Court.
- The action on the appeal will be based on the Chancery docket. Based on the nature of the case and court calendar this could take weeks or months.
- If TD Rehoboth does not appeal within the 60 days, CZ #1770 is done/complete/finished/over with.
- Once the court reviews, if the appeal is approved, the vote will not automatically be reversed, but the Applicant could refile an application after waiting for a 1 year period of time.
- Also TD Rehoboth could come back before the State PLUS and Planning & Zoning Commission before or after the 60 days similar to the Lewes Village. This would become a new application.
- The current owner of the 114 acres could also sell the property to another individual(s) – including another farmer ☺